Welcome To aBlackWeb

What Are You Cooking for Dinner Tonight??

Grilling for mothers day. Teriyaki salmon, chicken wings, smoke sausage, hot dogs turkey sausage and turkey hot dogs, lamb, steaks. Baked potatoes 20240510_215316.jpg 20240510_215346.jpg

Also made some jerk chicken. First time doing it on the oven. I waw trying a new style and changed up my recipe a little. Slow cook in the oven. Needs some work. 240 degrees for about 2h30m. Wasnt fall off the bone. Needed to stay in longer but it was done.

20240609_223812.jpg

Yup. Always did. If you have a blender, it's easy.
What's your recipe? Cause I'll use that grace jerk seasoning and I've gotten compliments from people who are from Jamaica and they thought I did it myself. Even when I was in Jamaica I've seen them use it at the restaurants and some resorts

What's your recipe? Cause I'll use that grace jerk seasoning and I've gotten compliments from people who are from Jamaica and they thought I did it myself. Even when I was in Jamaica I've seen them use it at the restaurants and some resorts

In still making changes to my recipe cause I seen new ways to make it. Only thing I measure is the soy sauce. The below is for the marinate. Before I put the sauce on, I use a jerk season and rub the chicken down. Then use marinate. If you use salt free seasoning, you can salt the sauce. If there is salt in the seasoning, go easy on the salt in the sauce.

Browning sauce (which im gonna try next time)
Or
1/4 cup soy sauce. (Adds color, A substitute for browning sauce)

Use one or the other for the above sauce.

Garlic
Ginger
1 Onion
Scallion
Allspice / pimento (key ingredient)
Nutmeg
Brown sugar (2 table spoons)
Thyme
Your choice of hot pepper. I use Habbenero. The orginal choice is a scotch bonnet. I dont do a lot of spicy.
Salt

Optional:
Orange ( juice it)
Lime (juice it)
Cinnamon stick

Im still working on my recipe to make it my own but those are the fundamentals in any recipe you look up. I havent tried dry roasting the spices for jerk. I only done that for indian dishes but I will try it.

Last edited:
Back