Welcome To aBlackWeb

Over 50 Red Lobster Locations Are Closing

Goldie

and Baka's got a weird case, why is he around??
Site Owner
More than 50 locations of Red Lobster are being auctioned off amid questions about the stalwart seafood chain's long-term future.

In a post Monday on LinkedIn, Neal Sherman, founder and CEO of TAGeX Brands, a liquidation firm, announced he was leading the closure of more than 50 Red Lobster locations, with the restaurants' equipment to be auctioned off.

A web page dedicated to the liquidations showed closure locations across the U.S. including in Denver, Indianapolis, Rochester, New York; Sacramento, San Antonio, and San Diego.

The closures represent just a fraction of Red Lobster's approximately 700 locations, and the company remains the largest seafood restaurant chain in the U.S.

But it continues to struggle amid a significant debt load, unfavorable lease terms, executive turnover, and ill-advised strategies including an all-you-can-eat-shrimp promotion last fall that resulted in a significant loss for the company.

Last month, CNBC reported Red Lobster was seeking a buyer as it looked to avoid a bankruptcy filing, but none had yet materialized at the time.

Earlier this year, Thai Union, the largest investor in Red Lobster, announced it was seeking to exit its position.

“The combination of Covid-19 pandemic, sustained industry headwinds, higher interest rates and rising material and labor costs have impacted Red Lobster, resulting in prolonged negative financial contributions to Thai Union and its shareholders,” said Thiraphong Chansiri, Thai Union Group’s CEO in a statement.

“After detailed analysis, we have determined that Red Lobster’s ongoing financial requirements no longer align with our capital allocation priorities and therefore are pursuing an exit of our minority investment.”

Red Lobster did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

They fucked up when they thought they could make more money by getting rid of their "Create Your Own Platter."

Besides the Admiral's Feast, that was my second go-to whenever I went there.

You could do a 2-way or 3-way combination.

It could be shrimp......scallops..........clam strips........etc.

Or you could double or triple up on any one particular item.

Last time I went there it was some create your own "shrimp" platter type of shit.

Customers weren't feeling it, so their numbers started to drop......but the people at the top are too oblivious to realize why it was happening.

😂, three straight posts about the same shit is some real “nothing to see here” behavior. I might go to Red Lobster for my birthday this week before it finally goes down in flames lol.

R.I.P. cheddar biscuits.

Red Lobster use to be bangin back in the day. But then it fell off. After that...it became where you took your side chicks.

Last time I went to Red Lobster was years ago. Chick I was back & forth on wanting to smash treated me to a bday lunch. I got the flounder. It was awful. That was a sign that I shouldn't pursue smashin. Stopped talkin to her after that day.

The End

They fucked up when they thought they could make more money by getting rid of their "Create Your Own Platter."

Besides the Admiral's Feast, that was my second go-to whenever I went there.

You could do a 2-way or 3-way combination.

It could be shrimp......scallops..........clam strips........etc.

Or you could double or triple up on any one particular item.

Last time I went there it was some create your own "shrimp" platter type of shit.

Customers weren't feeling it, so their numbers started to drop......but the people at the top are too oblivious to realize why it was happening.
They lost millions with the endless shrimp promotion

Back