Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Dorothy Jean Tillman Lounge

I wouldn't say it's goofy, but I would hope those men are doing more then just wearing a nice suit to change the narrative in their communities...
Of course, thats true but just the video itself... you don't get a positive vibe looking at the video itself?

Absolutely not. Young men getting fly and not running the streets tearing up shit is never goofy nigga shit brother Koncept.

10 minutes later they're going to be not so fly, running the streets and tearing up shit.

As I said before: I can see if this is their everyday attire and attitude, but it ain't. It's done for a photo op and a slow motion video and nothing more.

Make it a lifestyle and show us a positive end result in the community and I'll dap niggas up for it and give them their well deserved praise for making a difference. But that ain't what it's about; it's a photo op, nothing more.

... aka: Goofy nigga shit.

I wouldn't say it's goofy, but I would hope those men are doing more then just wearing a nice suit to change the narrative in their communities...

That's just it: They're not doing shit except throwing on some clothes to take pictures and make a video of them niggas standing in a line trying their best to look like they're anything but a bunch of goofs.

10 minutes later they're going to be not so fly, running the streets and tearing up shit.

As I said before: I can see if this is their everyday attire and attitude, but it ain't. It's done for a photo op and a slow motion video and nothing more.

Make it a lifestyle and show us a positive end result in the community and I'll dap niggas up for it and give them their well deserved praise for making a difference. But that ain't what it's about; it's a photo op, nothing more.

That's just it: They're not doing shit except throwing on some clothes to take pictures and make a video of them niggas standing in a line trying their best to look like they're anything but a bunch of goofs.

Bro, I'm shocked that this is coming from you. You sound like the self hate Guru TTBF and Mr b. I would expect this from them lol..

I have disagree with you brother Koncept thats a broad pic to paint to say all of them will be doing this or that.

im laughing at this but cmon man theres mad folks in that video you think all of them aint doing shit but dressing up? lol

And they all NEVER dress like that other than a photo shoot 🤯

im laughing at this but cmon man theres mad folks in that video you think all of them aint doing shit but dressing up? lol

I have disagree with you brother Koncept thats a broad pic to paint to say all of them will be doing this or that.

I'm sure niggas got gear they wear out to a lounge, formal event, or what have you and that's prolly what you're seeing.

It's like the average nigga in Tha D got shit like that too, and you'll see it when niggas have a reason to get dressed up. But the nigga you see suited up with his gators on and a Borsalino on his head on Saturday night ain't lookin like that at 7pm on Tuesday.

Y'all gotta remember I come from a heavy 70's/80's activist family. I'm quicker to respect real action on the ground as opposed to... this. Wanna impress me? Sit down and figure out how to tap into the money and food the government gives away and make it work for your community. Get some cats together like New Era Detroit and patrol the neighborhoods so the criminal elemen gets it through their heads that they ain't wanted on the block. Get some after-school programs together for the kids. Lean on the school boards and city council to improve the conditions in schools and bring back vocational programs. I used to be on the line before I was a teenager handing out big ass bags of rice, beans, and other foods to the poor because of programs my stepfather pulled together to get those resources into the city. Pops was the director of a county-wide community action and outreach program that helped tens of thousands of Black people for over 40 years (he finally retired 5-10 years ago but is still a consultant there well into his 80's). That's the example I grew up with.

It takes more than standing in a line in a suit to get your picture taken to make a difference in our communities.

Lemme tell you niggaz something, y’all keep telling me to go outside.

Yesterday someone convinced me to go to a cigar lounge. So, I’m sitting there wit them, I’m drink duece or how ever it’s spilled, auto correct don’t know. So I’m drinking and smoking a cigar.

I ..or we, get approached by some dude with dark shades in doors, tells us this is where is cigar group meet. Tries to recruit us, we tell em, no thank you, we good, we just smoking and drinking.

More folk for the club come in later. People talking and it’s almost silent, this nigga goes …the group called SC smokers or some shit.

He goes, out of nowhere, SC Smokers!!

These mufuckas yell, “we all we got!!”

Room full of 40 plus niggaz and women..I said bet..

Time for me to go

Welp. The kids safety takes precedence over what somebody appreciates or not. If im around and the kid is doing something that can hurt them ima make sure they safe. You spanking somebody child is nowhere near getting a kid to stop standing on a glass table cuz they might hurt themselves
I already said I wouldn't let him get hurt

Ok..

What if

You verbally say get down and he says no loudly and starts acting a fool and she comes back in the room like what happened?

Or if you physically remove him and he starts acting fool and she comes back in the room like what happened?

Now you've gone from "chillin at shawty crib" to being in a position to have to explain yourself

some people don't appreciate others parenting their kids because it undermines them

Shit, back in the day I spanked my baby cousin for cussin and I got cussed out for it..bars

Welp. The kids safety takes precedence over what somebody appreciates or not. If im around and the kid is doing something that can hurt them ima make sure they safe. You spanking somebody child is nowhere near getting a kid to stop standing on a glass table cuz they might hurt themselves

I actually get both sides of this. We don't live in a world where the community can discipline or even chastise a child without the parents getting upset anymore. Back inna day standing on a glass table would have got you snatched off, yelled at, and potentially popped by whatever adult was in the room with you.

Today, I might take him off the table and tell him not to do that 'cause he could get hurt and leave it at that. Minimal interaction, the kid is safe, not a whole lot for mom to get upset about. However, if she did get upset, then that would be our last time in each other's presence. You son is potentially in danger but I'm wrong for giving a fuck and getting him down? Bet, I'mma head out and I'm losing her number.

Question, I looked through most of the forums and I didn’t see one. I was wondering, which forum can I create a thread dedicated to the word? And a request if it’s allowed for me to create one, can it be stickyed?

I don’t intend to, or have any desire to convert anyone, it won’t be intended to be any debates about religion. It would just be a thread to share the word, videos and social media about the word, and a place where like minded people can speak testimonials.

I actually get both sides of this. We don't live in a world where the community can discipline or even chastise a child without the parents getting upset anymore. Back inna day standing on a glass table would have got you snatched off, yelled at, and potentially popped by whatever adult was in the room with you.

Today, I might take him off the table and tell him not to do that 'cause he could get hurt and leave it at that. Minimal interaction, the kid is safe, not a whole lot for mom to get upset about. However, if she did get upset, then that would be our last time in each other's presence. You son is potentially in danger but I'm wrong for giving a fuck and getting him down? Bet, I'mma head out and I'm losing her number.
Thus, the kid successfully cockblocked

Mission accomplished

:js4:

Back