Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Tammy Sytch Fears She Will Die In Prison Due To Blood Clot, Lack Of Medical Care​

Tammy Sytch is not happy with the state of the medical treatment in prison.

The women formerly known as Sunny was sentence to 17 years in prison for a DUI crash that killed a 75-year-old man. She had been arrested multiple times for driving under the influence previously, and this was the last straw.

Tammy Sytch spoke with TMZ Sports about her medical issues while serving her prison sentence.

The WWE Hall of Famer spoke about suffering from a swelling in her leg, with doctors hesitant to give her the required medical treatment while in prison.

“When you’re here, you should be given at least halfway decent medical treatment. Almost four weeks ago now, my left leg starts swelling up really, really badly. From the top of my knee, all the way down to my toes. About a week after it started swelling, i came down for a medical emergency to the medical office, and I waited for six hours in the waiting room, only for them to tell me ‘Oh well, you’re gonna have to drop a sick call for that. We’re not gonna see you for a medical emergency’.”

Tammy Sytch Wasn’t Seen By A Doctor For Weeks​

She then went on to say that she wasn’t seen by a doctor for weeks, despite being unable to walk on her leg. The leg continued to get worse, as she found a huge red lump on her calf.

Eventually, she forced her way into the doctor’s office and got herself seen. They gave her an ultrasound, and was immediately taken to the hospital off of the prison grounds. This showed how serious the situation was.

She was warned that it was a blood clot, as Tammy Sytch had been telling them for weeks. She was also noted to be at risk of dying. The former WWE star was eventually given blood thinners, but still fears she could die from the blood clot in her leg.

“If the blood thinners don’t work, and it dislodges, it goes to my heart and lungs and it kills me. Just like it did to my husband, Chris Candido, who died in 2005. He died of the same blood clot in the same leg, after he had ankle surgery after a wrestling match. All that’s been going through my mind for the past three weeks is ‘Oh my God. I’m going to follow in his footsteps and die of a blood clot in my leg, because I can’t get medical treatment’. Pretty bad.”

Pretty fuckin ironic if you ask me.

Back