Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 05-24-24

Fury, Fire and Fun

PRAISE: George Miller returns to his Mad Max world to bring audiences the origin story of Fury Roads Furiosa. I appreciated the time he spends on the character in this movie. Showing what shaped her over the years with a very thorough origin story. Alyla Browne as Furiosa as a girl does an excellent job portraying her as loving, fearful and vengeful. When the torch is passed to Anya Taylor-Joy all of the aforementioned is maintained especially in scenes with Tom Burke who I almost didn't recognize from one of my favorite shows STRIKE.As
Dr. Dementus Chris Hemsworth does a pretty good job. Though his backstory is not as thorough as Furiosa's a few things are dropped to let the audience know what made him into what he is. Hemsworth takes a bit from previous characters he plays so I almost fell for what he was dishing out but no he's basically sinister. What George Miller and Simon Duggan do visually in this movie is nothing short of incredible. From the vastness of sand dunes and canyons and the passingof time. I was focused on one thing in a scene that was playing out that there was something equally cool happening on the sidelines. The action sequences are perfect in every way. Such a good job is done on the people that make up the various factions that make up the post apocalyptic world in this movie I really wondered who was subhuman and who wasn't for the most part. Mix in Tom Holkenborgs score with the action and it just adds to how incredible they are.

PROBLEMS: I do think there was a gap or two in the story in which A couple of things weren't explained. The pacing really slows down in the movies last twenty minutes I kind of knew how things would play out but I was expecting more thrills with it.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

Back